SUPPORTING IMPACTED COMMUNITIES
Death Penalty Action provides resources for co-victims/murder victim family members, as well as the families and friends of people on death row, including both the guilty and those who maintain innocence. Donations are invited to support this part of our mission. Scroll down to find out more and how you can directly support those in need.
MEET OUR LIAISON - CHARLES KEITH
Charles Keith is Death Penalty Action's Impacted Communities Liaison. Charles provides a listening ear and the sort of advice that can only come from a person with lived experience. Charles is the brother of Durad, whose murder remains unsolved, and Kevin, whose death sentence was commuted by then-Ohio Governor Ted Strickland just 13 days prior to his scheduled execution. You can read more about Charles and his work with us in this news article.
Please note: Charles Keith and Death Penalty Action are unable to provide professional services or to assume an official role in any legal proceeding or case.
"I want to thank you again for introducing me to Charles. He is a wealth of knowledge."
~ Angie D., who approached Death Penalty Action for assistance helping her incarcerated friend
DIRECTLY SUPPORT THOSE IN NEED
Death Penalty Action regularly receives requests for financial support for people impacted by the collateral damage of the death penalty, but we cannot use our oganizational funds for such relief projects. What we can do is let you know how you might choose to help others in need. Please consider the following individuals; People personally impacted because of the death penalty. If you are able to help, please pick one to bless with your support, or spread out what is available and give a little to each! Thank you for your generosity.
The following are presented alphabetically by last name.
- Joe Amrine - Missouri death row survivor
- SueZann Bosler - Survivor of attempted murder & murder victim family member
- Drejanay and Val Brown - Murder victim family member in Missouri
- Deja - Daughter of Leonard "Raheem" Taylor, executed in Missouri Feb 7, 2023
- Randy Gardner - Brother of the last person executed by firing squad in the US
- Michael Graham - Louisiana death row survivor
- Reggie Griffin - Missouri death row survivor
- Lamont Hunter - Ohio death row survivor
- Ahmad Issa - Ohio death row survivor (Alford plea) deported to Jordan
- Derrick Jamison - Ohio death row survivor
- Jesse Johnson - Oregon death row survivor
- Barry Jones - Arizona death row survivor
- Charles Keith - Brother of former death row prisoner Kevin Keith
- Seth Penalver - Florida death row survivor
- Sam Randolph - Pennsylvania death row survivor
- Khorry Ramey - Daughter of Kevin Johnson, executed in Missouri Nov 29, 2022
- Rodrick Reed - Brother of innocent Texas death row prisoner Rodney Reed
- Glynn Simmons - Oklahoma death row survivor
If you have additional fundraising pages to suggest, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The one requirement is that the beneficiary must have been impacted in some direct way by the death penalty.
NOTE: Death Penalty Action is not responsible for the administration of funds in any of these individual requests for support.